Sri Lanka Railways plans to add a new train called "Ella Odyssey" from Kandy to Demodara starting from the 5th of March 2022. The train will leave Kandy in the morning and return in the evening from Demodara on daily basis.
The "Ella Odyssey" train will stop at 9 tourist attractions along the mainline from Kandy to Demodara for 2 - 10 minutes. Below is the list:
- Horsetail waterfall (Between Inguru Oya and Galaboda)
- Sri Pada (Adam's Peak) view point (Between Rozella and Hatton)
- St Clair waterfall view (Between Kotagala and Talawakele)
- Elgin falls view (Between Nanuoya and Ambewela)
- Summit level
- Tunnel No 18
- Windbreak - Sulan Kapolla (Between Idalgashinna and Haputale)
- Kital Ella falls view (Between Heel Oya and Ella)
- Nine Arches Bridge (Between Ella and Demodara)
You can find the train schedule and ticket prices from the below link
Passengers can book tickets online from here
Train start date and schedule may change without prior notice.