Railway strike will continue as the discussions between railway trade unions and cabinet sub-committee failed this evening. (2019/09/30) During the discussion, trade unions requested to solve their salary anomalies by making the Railway Department a closed department.
Locomotive Drivers’ Official Media shared Facebook post saying that they will continue the strike until they get a positive response for the cabinet paper which will be presented during the cabinet meeting which will be held today. (2019/10/01)
The strike, which was launched from midnight on September 25, had resulted in the cancellation of all regular train services expect some office train services.
However, Sri Lanka Railways will operate 9 trains to Colombo tomorrow. (2019/10/01)
- Semi-intercity train from Kandy (will not stop at sub-stations) – 5 AM
- Slow train from Maho – 5 AM
- Semi-intercity train from Kurunegala – 5:15 AM
- Slow train from Rambukkana – 5:50 AM
- Two trains from Chilaw – 4:30 AM and 5 AM
- Slow train from Avissawella – 5:30 AM
- Semi-intercity train from Galle to Maradana – 4:30 AM
- This train will stop at Ginthota, Bussa, Dodanduwa, Hikkaduwa, Kahawa, Ambalangoda, Balapitiya, Ahungalla, Kosgoda, Induruwa, Aluthgama, Beruwala, Maggona, Payagala South, Kalutara South, Kalutara North, Wadduwa, Panadura, Moratuwa, Ratmalana, Dehiwala and all stations up to Maradana.
- Slow train from Galle to Maradana – 5 AM